Thursday 6 November 2014

NOTE TO SELF - on starting a blog


Self, why am I starting a blog/online journal?


I have been meaning to start a blog for ages. I've researched it, intended it and then started a few, only to delete them a short while later. I imagine this is common. I've read many blogs on starting blogs and I generally a firm believer on consulting research.


These are my top reasons/intentions


(1) Discipline and Accountability - forcing myself to record and publish my design process is good design practice


(2) Communication - nothing like forcing one self to put thoughts into words that you then put out into the world. So far I'm finding it as hard as I thought it would be!


(3) Inspiration - I love a good blog. Blogs inspire me. I want to be part of that in some way.


(4) Feedback - at least the opportunity for feedback should anyone read said blog


(5) Fame and fortune (of course)


No comments:

Post a Comment